Dear 8th Grade Families:
Are you looking for a small college prep high school for your son or daughter? SFUSD has many strong high schools, but June Jordan offers a unique program you should consider.
- Like many private schools, JJSE is small so students are well known. We only admit 72 ninth graders each year, and classes have no more than 25 students each.
- All of our students take honors-level courses, do portfolios of their best work, and take college courses before high school graduation.
- We support students’ individual interests, including an arts program, sports, a small farm, hands-on science, internships, ethnic studies, outdoor education, and more.
- We teach about social justice and have four school values that spell out RICH – respect, integrity, courage, and humility.
Our results speak for themselves:
For the past several years, June Jordan has had the second highest 4-year college eligibility rate in SFUSD, after Lowell High School. Our graduates are currently enrolled at the following universities (partial list):
- University of California: UC Santa Cruz, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, UC Riverside
- California State Universities: San Francisco State University, San Jose State University, Sonoma State University, CSU East Bay, CSU Sacramento
- Private Colleges: New York University, Mills College, Holy Names University, Notre Dame de Namur Univ., Smith College
June Jordan uses the same admissions policy as regular SFUSD schools. We don’t require any special tests or applications. All we ask is that students are motivated– that they have a desire to work hard and succeed.
Would you like to find out more? Please contact the school to set up a tour or shadow appointment.
Matt Alexander & Jessica Huang