JUNE JORDAN SCHOOL FOR EQUITY is not your ordinary high school!
- We are a college prep school, but we believe what kind of person you are comes before academics.
- We are an innovative public school, but not a charter school.
- We enroll many students who did badly in middle school, but almost 100% of our graduates get into college.
- We believe working-class families and students of color deserve a private-school-quality education, in a free public school.
- We believe that true excellence cannot be achieved without equity, or fairness to all.
JUNE JORDAN SCHOOL FOR EQUITY is …
A safe small school that builds community by teaching values before academics …
- Small class size of 25 or less and an advisory program with frequent parent contact
- No tracking—all students take “a-g” university entrance requirements
- A strong special education program where all students are integrated into the life of the school
- A Wellness Center to address mental and physical health needs
A school for social justice where all students must be leaders …
- A cutting-edge ethnic studies curriculum, and a focus on inquiry and social justice in all subjects
- Student internships with community-based organizations
- Arts partnerships with local artists and community-based programs
- A small farm with chickens and fruit trees, and a field-to-table food and nutrition program
- Hands-on science and environmental education
- An innovative physical fitness and outdoor education program
A school that prepares independent thinkers for life in the 21st century …
- A state-of-the-art college access program for first generation students
- Students take college-prep seminars and university courses for credit
- Students graduate based on a portfolio of their best work